Have you been unhappy with oral health concerns lately and, while you are open to a variety of treatment ideas, the discomfort is making it difficult to remain patient? If so, you may be considering Botox treatment as a means of creating relaxed muscles, so you can achieve the relief you need to feel confident and comfortable. While the benefits likely sound wonderful, you probably have at least one friend whispering concerns into your ear. Do you know how to respond to your friend or do you feel like you need a bit more education on the matter? Find out more with our helpful quiz.
Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: Because Botox is created from a toxin, it is incredibly dangerous for use by most humans.
- True or False: Botox works by puffing your tissue up where you have lost some tissue mass.
- True or False: The effects of Botox treatment are permanent. As a result, you can expect the paralyzed muscles to remain that way forever – you need to be sure you are going to be happy with the results before you move forward.
- False. This treatment is formulated based on a toxin known as Botulinum. However, you may receive medical-grade Botox (provided to you by professionals) without concern regarding safety. Instead, you can look forward to reaping the advantages of Botulinum’s effects.
- False. It does not add volume. Instead, it causes your muscle to relax, which results in a variety of improvements, such as relief for pain and discomfort associated with functional disorders like teeth grinding/clenching (bruxism) or jaw joints problems (TMJ disorder).
- False. Botox treatment is effective yet temporary. You may choose to have the treatment re-administered if you are happy with the results.
ABOUT YOUR KATY, TX, COSMETIC BOTOX DENTIST:
Dr. Colin Lathrop and the Lathrop Dental Center proudly welcome patients and families from in and around Katy, TX, including Fulshear, Weston Lakes, Simonton, Richmond, Rosenberg, Brookshire, Wallis, Orchard, and all surrounding communities. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, you can reach our cosmetic dental office in Katy, TX, by calling 832-437-3849.